Get some rest in and around Südlohn
Südlohn, situated in the western part of the Münsterland, is a cyclist’s paradise. There is hardly any other region that is so suitable to bicycle tours. And nowhere else will you find so many bicycle trails, and no other region is so well geared to cyclists’ needs.
Get inspired by the attractions of the unrivalled parks here in the western part of the Münsterland. Drive on steep roads, the “Pättkes”, off the main arteries, on farm tracks or quiet country roads through green meadows, fields, fens and heathland.
Or why not visit our Dutch neighbours?! “Achterhoek“ is the “back corner” of the Netherlands. Again, farms are surrounded by fields and grassland and mansions by hedges.
This region provides everything a touring cyclist might need. There are uncountable “repeat visitors“ who again and again come here to discover the beauties our town and nearby Achterhoek can offer. Tours like the ones below are very special indeed:
- The “Hüttentour” around Südlohn. There is hardly any other place that has such a dense network of well equipped and attractive resting huts and refuges. Total distance: 37.5km, 4 circular routes.
- On the “agri – cultura” route, you will experience an idyllic scenery wedged between the Netherlands and the western Münsterland’s border region. www.agri-cultura.eu
- The “100 Schlösser – Route” (100 castle tour) is the “queen of cycling tours”, a real experience in our varied cultural landscape. www.schloesserroute.de
- The ADAC’s “Hamalandroute” for people coming by car. The 253km route leads you to the region’s scenic attractions.
- “Kommisenpatt” – hiking or cycling on turnpike keepers’ (Kommisen) and smugglers’ routes across the green line. Total distance: 17.7km, four legs
For further information on Südlohn, please visit www.suedlohn.de